Serendepity


         On the 14th day of February, during our English period, I was asked by my English teacher, "Do you agree that love is eternal?" Well, I was stunned at that moment. My brain got tangled and my voice refused to speak but all of a sudden, I uttered the word "No." After that minute, my thoughts and concept about love reminisced in my mind.

 

           What is the definition of love? What is love? It is true that the emotion of love permeates your entire body and soul. Even your hormones are awakened when you feel this exquisite feeling, particularly on Valentine's Day. Almost everyone experiences a great sense of joy and immense excietment on this significant event, especially those who are in love, grateful to their families, and to those who are filled with gratitude towards their friends. Indeed, within those 365 days every year, Valentine's Day is undoubtedly one of the year's highlights. Valentine's Day, though, is just another regular day for me. Don't get me wrong, I am not bitter nor filled with agony. Simply put, I didn't think Valentine's Day was a worthwhile day to honor love. Any day can be Valentine's Day. Every day of the year, you have the option to show or express your love and affection to anyone. 

             In this year's Valentines, nothing significant happened. I just had lunch with my friends and had our training for the upcoming Division Schools Press Conference. After that, I made the decision to have some "me" time, during which I did all the things that make me happy and relished spending time by myself. Valentine's Day is about more than just receiving flowers and presents from others; it's also about treating yourself a well-deserved alone time. Even though my celebration was modest, it was nice I honored time and care to the people around me and to myself. And that kind of love is not eternal but it is well-appreciated. I did not choose to be alone; I simply chose to love myself more until someone comes to fulfill that position. Ngunit ngayon...

Ako muna. Sarili ko muna.


Reference: https://pin.it/7hP77PC

Comments

  1. woah, that ending had a great impact on me! Keep loving yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts